Using customer reviews in your marketing strategy is a powerful tool. Not only does it help buyers in their purchase decisions, but it gives them a reason to trust your company.
Good reviews can put you way ahead of your nearest competitor.
Plus, reviews are a worldwide norm. Shoppers expect to see reviews about your company while they shop.
- 91% of millennials trust reviews as much as recommendations from friends and family.
- 83% of people trust reviews over advertising.
- 90% of users need less than 10 reviews to form an opinion about a business.
- Users browsing on mobile are 127% more likely to make a purchase decision than those browsing on a desktop.
- More than half of consumers won’t use a business if it has less than a 4-star rating.
- In 2018, 53% of Americans considered product reviews and ratings crucial in their online shopping experience.
- 82% of users specifically seek out negative customer reviews.
- 56% of users suffer from FOMO or “fear of missing out.”
- The average consumer reads 10 customer reviews before making a purchase decision.
- After reading a review, 50% of consumers will visit the companies website.
- 82% of Americans say they seek recommendations from friends and family before making a purchase.
- 94% of online shoppers reported that a negative review has convinced them to avoid visiting a business.
- Shoppers across all age ranges expect an average of 112 reviews per product when they search online.
- Buyers require an average of 40 online reviews before believing a business’s star rating is accurate.
- 83% of users think reviews older than 3 months aren’t relevant anymore.
- 73% of people prefer to see written reviews over star ratings.