Using social proof in your marketing strategy is vital to helping your business increase its sales.
Before making a buying decision, almost every shopper will seek out reviews to see if previous customers are happy with your products and make sure you’re the right company for them.
- 97% of consumers look at reviews before purchasing.
- Testimonials can increase conversion rates on sales pages by 34%
- 50% of consumers’ next step after reading a good review is to visit the brand’s website.
- A single good review can increase conversions by a whopping 10%!
- Using FOMO (fear of missing out) can boost your conversions by 40%-200%.
- Online product reviews about a specific product can increase conversion rates by 270%.
- Customers would spend 31% more on a business with good reviews.
- Having at least 5 reviews causes purchase likelihood to increase by a factor of nearly 4X.
- Higher priced items need at least 5 reviews to see maximum conversion impact.
- Lower-priced items only need 2-4 reviews to see a noticeable impact.
- Purchase likelihood increases by 15% when reviews are written by a verified customer than a random person.
- Shoppers age 18-24 expect an average of 203 reviews per product page.
- The likelihood of purchase peaks at a star rating of 4.0 – 4.7, then decreases as the rating gets closer to 5.0.
- 88% of buyers are influenced in their buying decision by reviews.